<>body>

title

  • image
  • image
  • image
  • image
  • image
  • image
  • image

Mater Dolorosa Church, Balgownie

The first Balgownie church was erected in 1908 and it seated 120 people. This church – along with the old School of Arts in Elliotts Road and the old Council Chambers on the Princes Highway - served the people of Balgownie and Fairy Meadow until Fairy Meadow was established as a parish in 1947-2021.

In 2006 there were approximately 6,300 Catholics at Fairy Meadow/Balgownie churches.